The MetaBase API provides you access to MetaBase™ which is the knowledge base behind all systems biology products of Clarivate Analytics including MetaCore™, MetaDrug™ and others. MetaBase™ contains over 6 million experimental findings on protein-protein, protein-nucleic acids and protein-compound interactions. MetaBase™ also includes thousands of established canonical signalling and metabolic pathways, ligand-receptor binding data for drugs and bioactive compounds, drug targets and diseases, and other information, making it the most comprehensive manually curat.
MetaBase API can help you to
- Understand the relations between genes, products and genetic aberrations
- Obtain the information about how pairs of molecules interact with each other in various biological chain reactions
- Understand the biology of the disease you are working on and select suitable biomarkers for further research
- Discover novel targets: identification of genes which are clearly associated with specific diseases
- Combine different knowledge areas to design your own workflows, such as interaction networks for the a particular disease
The MetaBase API allows to search and retrieve information for different MetaBase™ terms and the relations between them.
There are 7 main knowledge areas currently available in the MetaBase API:
- Biological Entities:
- Genes: covering information about Human, Mouse and Rat genes based on NCBI Gene information.
- RNAs: covering information about different types of RNAs (mRNA, microRNA, other non-coding RNAs)
- Proteins: covering information about different proteins, protein groups and complexes and their relations for a distinct variety of organisms, primary Human, Mouse and Rat.
- Genetic Aberrations: covering information about human genetic aberrations: SNPs, gene rearrangements, locus changes etc.
- Epigenetic Modifications: covering information about methylated, acetylated and other types of epigenetic modifications for human genes
- Chemical Compounds: covering molecular entities like xenobiotic compounds (such as drugs), endogenous compounds and nutrients, metabolites of xenobiotics.
- Molecular Interactions: covering information about interactions (obtained from scientific articles) with detailed information on the actions/effects that occur between different molecular objects
- Diseases: a controlled vocabulary of MeSH Disease terms with a thesaurus to facilitate searching.
- Gene-Disease Associations: covering information about human gene, variant, product and endogenous compound – disease associations obtained from scientific articles.